Grathel is a qualified Chartered Accountant with immense business and financial experience accumulated at various entities over a period of time. She is an Audit Partner within the Energy and Natural Resources Business Unit of KPMG. Her prior employments include:
- Group Chief Financial Officer of Blue IQ Investments (Pty) Ltd, where she was responsible for overall group financial accounting and management, Information Technology and Risk Management.
- Amabubesi Investments, where she was responsible for overall management of the Investment Fund which included ensuring maximum returns on investments and administration thereof.
- Asset and Liability Management Division of the National Treasury where she was responsible for the restructuring of State Owned Entities within the Energy and Telecommunications sectors which included Telkom, Eskom, Central Energy Fund, SABC and Sentech as well as the participation in the industries in which these entities operate;
- Stanbic Africa, a division of Standard Bank Limited of South Africa, where she was involved in credit evaluation of transactions for companies operating in South Africa, but outside of the South African borders. Her portfolio included clients from numerous industries including cotton, sugar, and tobacco in Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Nigeria and Botswana;
- The Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Limited (“IDC”)’ Technology Industries Business Unit. Performing due diligences, deal origination and structuring of equity and loan transactions within the Electrical, Electronics, Information Technology and Telecommunication sectors.
She commenced her career with KPMG’s Johannesburg Office where she served her audit articles within the Services and Retail Division and later moved to the Computer Audit Division. During this period, she was exposed to companies operating within the manufacturing, retail, property and financial services.
Grathel is currently a non-executive board member of the African Women Chartered Accountants Forum.