The International Women’s Forum (IWF) 2018 World Leadership Conference in Miami has brought together nearly 1,000 women experts and visionaries from over 40 nations on 24-26 October 2018. Under the theme, “The World Redefined”, the three-day conference provides an important platform for women thought leaders from across the globe to engage on current issues from the future of trade to the opioid crisis and the growing number of women running for office around the world.
The World Leadership Conference is held each year in a North American city which is playing a critical role in shaping the future. A vanguard of change with rich diversity that has made bold creativity the city’s hallmark, there is no better backdrop to discuss the current seismic shifts in global issues than Miami.
Conference speakers include:
- Gloria Allred, Esq., Founding Partner of Allred, Maroko & Goldberg law firm, human and civil rights attorney and member of IWF Southern California
- Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Chair and Director of the Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative, Arbuckle Professor of Business Administration and member of IWF Massachusetts
- Martha Nelson, Harvard University Advanced Leadership Initiative Fellow, former Global Editor-in-Chief of Yahoo! and former Editor-in-Chief of Time, Inc.
- Bernice Steinbaum, Gallerist, Curator and member of IWF Florida
- Stormy-Annika Mildner, PhD, Head of External Economic Policy at the Federation of German Industries and the Sherpa to the Business 20 (B20), G20 Dialogue on global business
- Hannah Birna Kristjansdottir, Chair of the Women Leaders Global Forum Executive Board, former Minister of the Interior of Iceland and Mayor of Reykjavik
- Virginia Cram-Martos, Director of the Economic Cooperation and Trade Division of the UN Economic Commission for Europe
- Alina Polyakova, PhD, Rubenstein Fellow of Foreign Policy in the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution
- Anita van Breda, Senior Director of Environment and Disaster Management at the World Wildlife Fund
- Katherine Fernandez Rundle, Miami-Dade State Attorney, co-creator of the Miami-Dade Opioid Addition Taskforce and Member of IWF Florida
- Susanne M. Torriente, Chief Resiliency Officer and Assistant City Manager for the City of Miami Beach
Some of our valued members of IWFSA in attendance are Totse Memela as well as Veronica Devine.