Mamokete is the Founder and CEO of Mamor Capital, an investment company with interests in the ICT sector. Her hands-on entrepreneurial experience includes co-founding a telecommunication infrastructure solutions business and successfully leading the execution of two acquisitions to drive the company’s growth strategy. Prior to this role, she was the Executive Head of Mergers and Acquisitions at Vodacom Group responsible for executing mergers and acquisitions transactions in line with the Group’s strategy.
Mamokete is a seasoned investment executive with more than 18 years’ experience in financial services; spanning corporate finance advisory, private equity, mezzanine finance, infrastructure finance and mergers and acquisitions. She previously worked for Cazenove (SA), National Empowerment Fund, Vantage Capital, DBSA and Vodacom Group. Her board experience includes serving on listed and unlisted company boards with local and international operations.
Current board and other governance roles
a) JSE listed Bell Equipment Limited – Chairman of Social Ethics and Transformation Committee & a member of the Audit Committee.
b) JSE listed Master Drilling Group Limited – Chairman of Social Ethics and Sustainability Committee & a member of the Audit Committee.
c) OUTsurance Holdings – member of the Board Investment Committee; and a member of Social and Ethics Committee.
d) Business Engage (NPO) is a non-profit organisation aimed at developing leadership and creating empowerment opportunities for women in the marketplace – Non-Executive Director
e) Aluwani Capital Partners – Investment Committee member for the Unlisted Alternative Investments Fund, focusing on access to finance for SMMEs.
Mamokete is an advocate for women empowerment with a passion for personal development and self-leadership; She facilitates mergers and acquisition module in the Business Engage Board Masterclass Series, an initiative aimed at supporting the acceleration of women participation on SA company boards.
• Recipient of the South African Women Leaders Award 2021 by the World Women Leadership Congress.
• Winner of the Southern African Women in Leadership Trailblazers Awards 2020.
• Winner of the prestigious CEO Global Most Influential Women Awards in ICT 2019.
• Recipient of the African Distinguished Women Leadership Excellence Awards for 2017 by the Centre for Economic and Leadership Development.
• Winner of the Association of Black Securities Investment Professional (“ABSIP”) Project Financier of the Year (Individual Category) Award for 2014.
• Master of Arts in Leading Innovation and Change, York St John University (UK)
• Master’s in Development Finance, University of Stellenbosch Business School
• B Com Honours (Business Management) specialising in Finance, University of South Africa.
• Wits University B Com (Financial Accounting) (Business Finance), Wits University.
• Certificate in Digital Transformation and Practical Strategy, Gordon Institute of Business Science.
• Certificate in Digital Transformation (AI, IoT, Cloud, Blockchain & Cybersecurity), Massachusetts Institute of Technology.