Nonhlanhla Mjoli-Mncube runs her own companies Mjoli Development Company (Pty) Ltd, Eziko Investments and The Alpha Network for Women.
Nonhlanhla sits on several boards including Capitec Bank, WBHO Construction, Tongaat Hulett Sugar and Emira Property Fund amongst others.
She has held a number of prominent roles over the years, including:
- Economic Advisor to the Presidency in South Africa
- Executive at Murray and Roberts subsidiary (BDA)
- Manager in the USA
- Town Planner in KwaZulu-Natal
- Chairperson and Executive Director of NURCHA, a guarantee fund for housing
- Chair of the Rural Housing Loan Fund
- Chair of South African Women Entrepreneurs
- Deputy Chair of the Construction Industry Development Board
Nonhlanhla has won the SABC Lebone Businesswoman of the Year Award and several other awards for business leadership and social entrepreneurship.
She has a BA from the University of Fort Hare and an MA in City and Regional Planning from the University of Cape Town. In addition, she has completed modules in Management at the Washington State University, a Fellowship in Urban Studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a Certificate in Finance at the Wharton School of Business (USA), a Senior Executive Leadership Programme at Harvard University and a Post-Graduate Certificate in Technology Management at Warwick University (UK).