Founder and Life President of the Pam Golding Property Group, Pam Golding is internationally recognised as one of the world’s leading businesswomen.
Pam Golding Properties was launched in the challenging year of 1976 with virtually no capital, no leads, no infrastructure and just one sales assistant. Infused with Pam’s ethos, unerring talent for successfully matching buyers and sellers, graceful style, networking skills and passion for property, the Pam Golding brand today remains associated with the highest levels of professionalism, client service, ethics, leadership and innovation.
Of great importance to her, in recent years Pam’s role has evolved beyond the business of property into one of an ambassadorial nature as a global networker and facilitator, encompassing both the promotion of South Africa and its diversity of investment opportunities to the world at large.
Over the years she has been honoured for her leadership skills and personal achievements with an impressive array of national and international awards – presented by her peers and the business sector. Some of these include the following:
- Business Against Crime WC – Achiever of the Year Award (2009)
- Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur Awards – Lifetime Achievement Award (2009)
- Honorary Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Administration – Walter Sisulu University (2009)
- Eminent Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (2009)
- Honorary Life Member of the Institute of Estate Agents of South Africa (2008)
- Provincial Honours Award in the Category: Officer – for her contribution to the economic development of the Western Cape and in acknowledgement of her involvement in empowering women in business (2007)
- ‘Cape Times’/KPMG Business Personality of the Year (2003)
- ‘Die Burger’ & Kaapstad Sakekamer Sakeleier van die Jaar (2001) – to date Pam is the first and only woman to receive this prestigious award
- The Star Group – One of the Leading 50 Women Entrepreneurs of the World (1998)
- BWA Executive Women’s Club Businesswoman of the Year (1996)
- The Women’s Leadership Board a the John F Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University
- International Women’s Forum
- Desmond Tutu Peace Trust Board Member
- University of Pretoria Business Clinic Pioneer Entrepreneur