Nene is a South African, born and grew up in Soweto, Johannesburg. She is an experienced consultant and facilitator with a track record that spans over 20 years.
She is the owner and CEO of Mandate Molefi HR Consultants. Her expertise is around culture change, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion,Transformation Strategy, Values Driven Leadership and leadership Development, Team Effectiveness for large and medium sized organisations both national and multinationals.
She has also conducted work in the Social Justice space and over the last 10 years she has been working with the Judiciary, the Bar Councils of SA and had offered Social Context and Diversity workshops for the judges of the 9 High courts, the Supreme Court and Constitutional Court of SA.
She has facilitated dialogue sessions for numerous Boards and Executive Committees on a variety of inteventions including alignemt of Boards and Exco committees. Nene is currently working with a number of Private Schools on Unconscious Bias and Diversity and Inclusion Strategies.
As a member of the Diversity Collegium, a think tank of Diversity experts across the globe, she became an expert panelist and joined a team of Diversity experts who developed the Global Diversity and Inclusion Benchmark Tool. She is also a board member and secretary of The Center for Global Inclusion – an organisation founded in USA with members across the globe. Nene is the co-author of the soon to be released 2021 version of the Global Benchmarks : Standards for organizations around the world..
Nene has also worked with Non-Profit organisations that cut across the legal sector, food security , climate change , women’s development and research.
Nene also sits on the Advisory structure of the Auditor General of SA. She is an esteemed author of a book titled A Journey of Diversity and Inclusion in South Africa (Guidelines for Leading Inclusively), published in 2017. Her reputation as a thought leader has led to her being invited to speak at one of the biggest global conferences on Talent (ATD conference) in San Diego where she shared case studies of best practice for creating inclusive cultures. Nene has facilitated dialogue and spoken at many other conferences around the world including Germany, Bangladesh, Dubai, USA, India, Malaysia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia and Kenya . She has been mentioned in the Global Talent Competitiveness Index 2018 report as an example of an international thought leader on Diversity and Inclusion.
- BA (SW) University of Fort Hare
- B Soc SC (Hons) University of Cape Town
- Masters in Leading Innovation and Change – York SJ University, (York, UK)
- Executive Leadership: Stellenbosch Business School
- Advanced Project Management: University of Cape Town
Areas Of Expertise
- Whole system Culture Change
- Transformation Strategy
- Diversity and Inclusion and Employment Equity
- Leadership Development
- Values Driven Leadership
She Has Been A Guest Lecturer
- Gordon Institute of Business Science ( SA)
- University of Stellenbosch Business School (SA)
- Thabo Mbeki, African Leadership Institute (SA)
- Henley Business School (SA)
- University of Free State (SA)
- University of Denver ( USA)
- University of Boston ( USA)
- ESMT Berlin ( Germany)
Accreditation And Tools
- Barrett Values Centre
- Process Work and Deep Democracy
- Mindfulness Training
- Neuro Linguistic Programme – NLP
- Co-active Coaching and Leadership Programme