Wendy Lucas-Bull is one of the four Founders of Peotona Group Holdings.
Within Peotona, one of Wendy’s focus areas is Peotona Development, a Section 21 company that facilitates the creation of sustainable business opportunities for the benefit of disadvantaged communities with special emphasis on women.
Wendy’s previous career roles have included CEO of the retail business of FirstRand which included First National Bank, WesBank, eBucks, OUTsurance and FirstLink. She was also an Executive Director of Rand Merchant Bank and an International Partner of Andersen Consulting (now Accenture).
Since 1994 she has been heavily involved in facilitating strong partnerships between business and government, with her roles including the following:
- Founding Chairperson of Business Against Crime
- Chairperson of Partners for Housing
- South African Representative on the Global Trade and Poverty Forum
- Board Member of the CIDA City Campus
- Member of the Council of UNISA
- Trustee and Treasurer of Isigodlo Trust, the vehicle established to support the South African Women in Dialogue (SAWID) initiative.
Wendy’s previous board positions include Eskom, Telkom, South African Financial Markets Advisory Board, Aveng (Deputy Chair), Dimension Data Plc, Lafarge Industries (Chair), National Urban Reconstruction and Housing Agency and many more.
Wendy holds a BSc from the University of the Witwatersrand.