A Chartered Accountant by training, Sindi Mabaso-Koyana is an entrepreneur, corporate leader and champion of transformation who is held in high regard both in South Africa & internationally. She is the Executive Chairperson of AIH ( AWCA Investment Holdings) , a women owned and managed investment company . She is passionate about the empowerment of women, and has used her role as a champion of transformation to promote the careers of many women who now belong in SA’s executive ranks.
Sindi has enjoyed an illustrious career and has worked in both the private and public sectors.
After qualifying as a Chartered Accountant Sindiquickly established herself as a thought leader in the areas of financial and risk management and corporate governance. She is equally adept in an executive management role as she is as a consultant.
Sindi is highly sought after as a speaker on leadership, Africa’s economic transformation and the role of women in business. She has addressed audiences in South Africa and internationally. She is well known for her role as a champion for the advancement of women in finance. She played a key role in founding AWCA (African Women Chartered Accountants). Within AWCA she has played a vital role to bring the chartered accounting profession to young women from previously disadvantaged communities. For AWCA’s long term financial sustainability, she established AWCA Investment Holdings which she Chairs .
Sindi is positive about Africa’s economic prospects and never hesitates to play the role of evangelist for entrepreneurship. She has invested in businesses in a number of sectors including mining, finance, logistics and the arts. But she maintains that the greatest investment is the one a society makes in its people.
- Chartered Accountant (SA) – Passed Qualifying Exam June1995
- Trainee Accountant (Serving articles) – Deloitte Durban 1992-1995
- Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (University of Natal Pietermaritzburg) – 1989 -1991
- B.Comm (University of Natal Pietermaritzburg) – 1986 -1988
- AWCA Investment Holdings
- MTN Group Limited
- MTN Zakhele Futhi Limited
- Sun International Limited
- Advanced Group
- Adcorp Holdings Limited
- Phembani Group
- Toyota South Africa
- South African Sugar Association
- Professional bodies
- South African Institute of South Africa
- African Women Chartered Accountants
- International Women’s Forum
- Executive Chairperson AWCA Investment Holdings
- Chairperson South African Sugar Association
- Chairperson of MTN Audit Committee
- Chairperson of Adcorp Audit and Risk Committee
- Chairperson of Advanced Group of Companies
- Public speaking