Effective Upon: 1st July 2021
Last updated: 30th June 2021
The International Women’s Forum South Africa (“IWFSA”) NPC (2001/000062/08) (“IWFSA”, “we”, “us” or “our”) own and operate the IWFSA Platforms (“our Platforms”). When we refer to our Platforms we mean our website, app, services and features, either online or offline and social media platforms.
Information we collect and receive
We collect and receive information about you in the following ways:
1. Information you give us
This includes any information that you provide to us directly:
- when you sign-up to utilise our services;
- by filling in forms on our websites, or those provided to you;
- when you make a donation;
- by posting comments or content on our social media pages; or
- when you contact us, or we contact you and you provide information directly to us;
1.2 What personal information we collect
When you subscribe for membership or make a donation or contribution, you will be required to provide us with the following information, your:
- name and surname.
- company details.
- contact number and email address.
- physical address.
- identity or passport number; and
- job title
Special categories of personal data.
In connection with the registration for and provision of access to an event or seminar, we may ask for information about your health for the purpose of identifying and being considerate of any disabilities or special dietary requirements you may have. Any use of such information is based on your consent. If you do not provide any such information about disabilities or special dietary requirements, we will not be able to take any respective precautions. Other personal data regarding your membership in IWFSA, in other professional or trade associations or similar organisations; and/or Details of your visits to our events.
1.3 As a general principle, you will provide us with your personal data entirely voluntarily
There are generally no detrimental effects for you if you choose not to consent to provide personal data. However, there are circumstances in which IWFSA cannot take action without certain of your personal data, for example because this personal data is required to process your instructions or orders, provide you with access to a web offering or newsletter or event. In these cases, it will unfortunately not be possible for us to provide you with what you request without the relevant personal data and we will notify you accordingly.
1.4 Personal data about other people which you provide to us.
1.5 Information we collect or receive when you use our platforms.
We collect information when you use our platforms by using cookies, web beacons and other technologies; for instance:
- When you browse, make an enquiry or otherwise interact on our website;
- When you attend a meeting or another IWFSA event or sign up to receive personal data from us, including signing up for an event; or
- When you or your organisation offer to provide or provide services to us.
Social Media Platforms
- Depending on how you access and use websites, we may receive:
- Log information;
- Information we infer about you based on your interaction with products and services;
- Device information (for example the type of device you’re using, how you access;
- platforms, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address);
- Location information.
- Information from third-party sources or publicly available record
- We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in in other ways.
- Remind us of who you are and to find your account information in our database when you access a website, app, service or feature so you do not need to log in at every visit, which helps us to provide you with services tailored to your specific needs and interest;
- Determine the browser you are using so the website, app, services and features work properly;
- Assist us with sending you notifications;
- Generate analytics regarding your use of our website or app; and
Estimate our audience size by determining whether your visit is your first.
- If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser or device to decline these technologies, some services or features may not function properly.
Offline Interactions and Other Sources
2. How we use the information we collect and receive
- We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes (“Permitted Purpose”):
- To provide you with information or services you request from us, including on-line or technology services or solutions as instructed or requested by you;
- Facilitate member networking and communication;
- Provide you with our website, app, services and features; permit you to update, edit, and manage your account or user profile; process and solicit donations;
- Diagnose problems, analyse trends, and assess our performances; better understand the preferences of our members; tailor our services to our members;
- Research and develop new services and features;
- Managing and administering your relationship with IWFSA, including processing payments, accounting, auditing, billing and collection, support services;
- Compliance with our legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations), compliance screening or recording obligations; for monitoring and assessing compliance with our policies and standards;
- To analyse and improve or services to you and communicate with you; assist in the event of an emergency and to prevent fraud or the recurrence of fraud;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests anywhere in the world, including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory bodies;
- To comply with court orders and exercises and/or defend our legal rights;
- To identify persons authorised to trade on behalf of our members, suppliers and/or service providers; and
- For any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your personal data was provided to us.
- Where you are a member of IWFSA or have otherwise expressly given us your consent, we may process your personal data also for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you through the channels you have approved to keep you up to date on the latest developments, announcements, and other information about IWFSA events, project, services, products and technologies (including member briefings, newsletters and other information); or
- Collecting information about your preferences to create a user profile to personalise and foster the quality of our communication and interaction with you (for example, by way of newsletter tracking or website analytics).
- With regard to marketing-related communication, we will – where legally required – only provide you with such information after you have opted in and provide you the opportunity to opt out anytime if you do not want to receive further marketing-related communication from us. We will not use your personal data for taking any automated decisions affecting you or creating profiles other than described above.
- Depending on which of the above Permitted Purposes we use your personal data, we may process your personal data on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Because processing is necessary for the performance of a member’s instruction or other contract with you or your organisation;
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to keep records for tax purposes); or
- Because processing is necessary for purposes of our legitimate interest or those of any third-party recipients that receive your personal data, provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
In addition, the processing may be based on your consent where you have expressly given that to us.
3. How we share the information we collect and receive
- We don’t sell your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- We may share information with:
- We may disclose your personal information to a limited number of our employees (“if applicable”) and third-party service providers (other than those who we refer you to), who we assist you to interact with.
- We may also instruct service providers within or outside of IWFSA members, e.g., the IWFSA administrator, secretaries and personal assistants to members of IWFSA, as well as Mailchimp, virtual platform or similar web-based mailing programmes to process personal data for the Permitted Purposes on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions only.
- IWFSA will retain control over and will remain fully responsible for your personal data and will use appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure the integrity and security of your personal data when engaging such service providers;
- We may also use aggregated personal data and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop our website and our services;
- Other parties in response to legal process or when necessary to conduct or protect our legal rights;
- Companies that provide services to us. Companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have access to information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive in the course of providing services to us or you; and
- our affiliates
4. Your privacy rights
5. Retention of personal information
6. Our commitment to security
The security of your personal information is important to us. While we strive to use appropriate means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. However, we do employ a number of safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure of your information. We will do our best to protect your personal information and we will use up to date technology that will help us to do this. We will at all times comply with our obligation under applicable law.
7. Transfer of personal information
- We are based in and operate from South Africa. Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to and maintained on servers located outside of your country of residence, where the data privacy laws, regulations and standards, may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence.
- We might transfer your personal information to places outside of South Africa and store it there, where our suppliers might process it. If that happens, your personal information will only be transferred to and stored in country that has equivalent, or better, data protection legislation than South Africa or with a service provider which is subject to an agreement requiring it to comply with data protection requirements equivalent or better than those applicable in South Africa.
- Your use of our platforms, followed by your submission of information to us, represents your consent to such transfer.
8. Links to other websites
Our platforms may contain links to and from websites, mobile applications or services of third parties, advertisers or affiliates. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other parties and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
10. Access to your personal information
- You may at any time request:
- confirmation that we hold your personal information;
- access to your personal information;
- the identities or categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your
- personal information; or
- that we correct or delete any personal information that is incomplete, misleading,
- inaccurate, excessive or out of date.
- Requests may be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org