Ms Shosho Botsi-Thulare is a successful attorney, entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist. She owns and runs a number of businesses amongst which is the newly created MD Botsi Attorneys Inc, a small boutique law firm that offers a wide range of activities including but not limited to International Corporate Advisory Services, Commercial and Corporate Law, Dispute Resolution and Mediation services , Labour Law, Litigation, Family Law and Immigration Services.
Other companies under Ms. Botsi-Thulare’s umbrella are Global Pan African Investments, the Botho Ubuntu Group with several other divisions such as Botho Ubuntu Hygiene, Botho Ubunto Contract Cleaning, Botho Ubuntu Manufacturing & Textiles, the Botho Ubuntu Foundation, the Botho Ubuntu Skills Institute, Botho Ubuntu Vegetation and Botho Ubuntu Hello Deliveries.
Ms. Botsi-Thulare has served on various boards of private companies. Most recently, she has been appointed as a Patron of the Pan African Business Woman’s Association (PABWA). She has also won several awards and received a number of recognitions such as the Africa Leadership Award, the Women Enterprise Leadership Award, the CEO Magazine Influential Woman Award and the Technology Women in Business Award. She was also a finalist in the Premier Business Green Awards.
Ms. Botsi-Thulare is a proud Global Diplomat and was recently appointed as an International World Peace Advocate by the United Nations.
Ms. Botsi-Thulare is committed to community development, women empowerment and the advancement and growth of Africa and its people.
University Of The North (1991 -1995) – B.Proc
Centre for Conveyancing Practice (2008) – Certificate
1998 – 2000 Articles of Clerkship – Grant Kaplan & Freidgut Attorneys
2000 – 2001 Sole Proprietor – MD Botsi Attorney
2001 – 2020 Director – Sim & Botsi Attorneys
2020 – Present Director – MD Botsi Attorneys Inc
Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE)
- A full understanding from a legal and implementation perspective of
- the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act, 53 of 2003, as amended, as well as the Codes of Good Practice on Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment, which was Gazetted on 9 February 2007;
- the amendments introduced in relation to broad-based black economic empowerment (“B-BBEE) in terms of the amended Codes introduced in 2013;
- B-BBEE mergers and acquisitions;
- Structuring of empowerment transactions;
- Local government and administration;
- Government procurement;
- Sector Charters;
- B-BBEE verification methodologies
- Consulting and B-BBEE strategy;
Commercial and Corporate Law
All legal/governance/compliance aspects arising out of the: –
- Companies Act and related legislation;
- Commercial Litigation
- Share Ownership Structures
- King IV,
- case law
All aspects of corporate governance.
Drafting of policies and procedures such as: –
- delegations of authorities,
- board charters,
Advising on directors’ duties and responsibilities and the duties of Accounting Authorities and regulatory boards;
Advising on King IV.
Providing various legal opinions on the Companies Act relating to business transactions and assisting clients to register companies.
Assisting clients with access to the markets and funding models and drafting the legal frame work.
Attending mediation of contractual disputes.
Managing applications for review in relation to tender processes.
Providing a turnkey solution from a labour law perspective from the managing of the internal disciplinary process to attending and finalisation of matters that may proceed to the CCMA and Labour Court.
- formalisation of charges;
- charging / prosecuting disciplinary inquiries;
- settling of pleadings;
- attending at Court;
- drafting policies and procedures
- Mediation of disputes
Providing legal advice on commercial and related agreements, opinions in relation to the interpretation of contracts and/or agreements and drafting: –
- shareholder agreements;
- Memorandum of Incorporations;
- sale of share agreements;
- loan agreements;
- sale of business agreements;
- joint venture agreements;
- discretionary grant funding agreements;
- construction contracts
- lease agreements;
- property sale agreements;
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
Property related matters
Drafting of all agreements which would include: –
- construction/contractor agreements;
- agreements relating to the appointment of principal agents;
- agreements relating to the appointment of sub-contractors;
Litigation and dispute resolution in terms of construction mattes.
Forensic investigations conducted into and in respect of matters relating to corporate failures and financial mismanagement in both the private and public sector, review of contracts and service level agreements.
- Assisting in all aspects of Immigration law including:-
- Business Visas;
- Critical Skills Work Visa;
- Corporate Visas;
- Intra-Company Work Visas
- Permanent Residence applications;
- Consulting and advising on new immigration regulations that came into effect in May 2014, and the effect of the Immigration Amendment Acts.
Safety, Health, Environment, Quality
- Consulting to Companies and Employees in relation to all aspects pertaining to understanding Health and Safety issues surrounding the workplace.